Rishikesh is a perfect combination of thrilling and rejuvenating experiences. It also offers you an opportunity to partake in river rafting and hiking. So if you are planning a trip with your family nothing can beat the feel of camping on the riverside of Ganga.
Temples in Rishikesh
Rishikesh is famous for its culture and spirituality with beautiful shrines. Neelkanth Mahadev temple, Iskon temple, Bhootnath temple, Raghunath temple, Trimbakeshwar temple are the most famous tourist attractive temples filled with spiritual vibrations.
Cliff Jumping and Rafting in Rishikesh
Rishikesh offers the best adventurous activities like cliff jumping and rafting. It is the perfect place for adventurists. People will definitely enjoy adventure activities while camping in Rishikesh.
Find amazing new year party in Delhi at the best price here
Aarti of River Ganga
You should admire the glory of the river Ganga aarti is one of the reasons for camping in Rishikesh. People living in this town will sing along with priests during Ganga aarti, it is a spiritual experience for tourists.
You need to pass through the beautiful trails in Rishikesh while camping. The greenish and lush landscapes, the mesmerizing fragrance of bloomed flowers and colored trees. Purified air, make the trails special and natural. You can also get a chance to witness the awe-inspiring beauty of sunrise and sunset.
Waterfalls in Rishikesh
Rishikesh is a place filled with natural beauty. Phool Chatti waterfall, Neer Garh Waterfall, Patna are some fascinating waterfalls that take your breath away. You need to do trekking to reach this waterfall destination, while at the same time you can enjoy the fun-filled rafting as well as the waterfalls during the camping.
Art of Yoga
The Rishikesh is well known as the yoga capital of India. Breathing pure air, meditation in a peaceful atmosphere, relaxing and posturing will help you to make your mind and body fit, while camping here.
The spiritual Ganges
The feel of the holy spirit of worship by dipping into the holy river Ganga is a wonderful feeling. the worshippers from all over India came here to feel and improve self-power in the holy spirit of River Ganga.
Rishikesh offers a vast opportunity for shopping., there are many unique things for shopping like antique jewelry, diaries, wooden showpieces, clothes, home décor, Kashmiri embroidery, and herbal beauty products. Also some ayurvedic products like agarbattis, homemade chocolates are also here.
Cafes and restaurants
Taste the special aroma of coffee in cafes while camping. Numerous restaurants, café, cuisines are here to refresh your day. You can enjoy the beauty of Rishikesh by sipping a cup of coffee in the cafes.
The best time for Camping
September to Mid November and early March to May is the perfect time for camping in Rishikesh. The ideal duration is about 2 days and 1 night. Avoid your trip during the monsoon, because the rapids in the river Ganga are on the surge.
Camping sites in Rishikesh
Rishikesh offers amazing camping sites that will leave you thrilled like never before.
- Aspen adventures – offer a range of activities from whitewater rafting, bungee, flying fox, to water rappelling.
- Wildex camp – offer adventurous activities and you can see some Himalayan Birds here. Bonfire, free-flowing river Ganga makes this place too good for camping.
- Rendezvous rafting camp – this place is perfect for nature lovers, well and clean tents, good food and a wide range of activities are offered by this camp.
- Camp roller coaster – this place is perfect for a weekend thrill for all adventure enthusiasts. Camping here will give you an overwhelming experience and a perfect weekend by the river Ganga.
- Camp Ganga Riviera – it is a delightful camping experience by sitting in the riverside of Ganga. The green fields, free-flowing rivers, stunning natural look make this place amazing. The perfect camp for thrilling and adventure.
- Cradle of life – the camp offers delicious foods from vegetarian to non-veg. enthralling activities like rappelling, volleyball, specialize of this camp. You can enjoy the surreal beauty of Rishikesh from here.
Things to pack
- Carry at least 2 t-shirts
- Eyeglass with straps
- Sneakers, waterproof camera
- Water, extra bag, towel.
Tips for Camping in Rishikesh
- Follow the instructions from your guide, it is very important
- Wear lifejacket
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Hold the paddle properly
- Follow the commands.