Bathrooms are the most-used areas of a home, and hence, picking the right floor should be the top priority. Generally, homeowners focus on aesthetics and durability when choosing a flooring solution. But, there’s a major difference between the flooring of bathrooms and other rooms. You should essentially have anti-slip and waterproof bathroom flooring so that you don’t fall over slippery wet tiles. With the market flooded with a plethora of flooring options, it’s pretty obvious to get overwhelmed unless you have knowledge of the right material.
Rubber is one such material that offers an effective solution for bathroom flooring. Its waterproof, non-slip, easy-to-clean, and shock absorbency properties make it an ideal fit for bathroom floors. The characteristics of rubber flooring are unmatched and that’s why it stands above all other bathroom flooring solutions. Want to know more about rubberbathroom flooring? Read till the end to explore why rubber floors are the right choice for bathrooms.
Made from synthetic or natural materials, rubber flooring is a resilient flooring solution featuring elasticity. Rubber features a wide variety of inherent advantages that makes it a popular flooring option for commercial, high traffic, and foot traffic areas. Today, this flooring is largely used in residential areas as well, especially in children’s rooms, showering spaces, garages, and home gyms.
Types Of Rubber Flooring for Bathrooms
Rubber flooring for bathrooms mainly comes in three forms – interlocking tiles, square edge tiles, and sheets or rolls. They can even be homogenous or laminated. Homogenous rubber floors allow you to pick a floor that incorporates an individual color uniquely spread over the entire product. Whereas laminated rubber floors offer patterns and colors, applied only on the topmost layer of the product. Now that you have a brief idea of rubber flooring, let’s discuss its forms in detail.
- Interlocking Tiles: These rubber tiles do not require adhesive for installation. Instead, they can be installed using a free lay method as they lock together. Although this is a temporary installation method, the rubber tiles do not shift from their place due to their locking properties.
- Square Tiles: Just like interlocking tiles, square rubber tiles can also be installed using a free lay method, however, they require an adhesive for permanent installation. These rubber bathroom flooring tiles are cut with a sharp edge to create a seamless finish.
- Sheets or Rolls: Rubber sheets or rolls are usually installed in large showering spaces. They are usually glued down using adhesives for permanent installation.
Pros of Rubber Flooring For Bathrooms
- Cost-Effective: Although premium rubber flooring solutions are expensive, rubber bathroom tiles are quite affordable. Compared to natural stone and high-end flooring products, rubber bathroom floors are available with attractive features at lower prices.
- Easy Maintenance: Rubber floors are very easy to clean. Just a damp mop is enough to clean these resilient flooring. However, always ensure to check with your manufacturer if you think of cleaning your home’s rubber floors with harsh detergents or cleaning solutions. That’s mainly because strong and abrasive cleaning liquids tend to damage rubber floors.
- Water-Resistant: Rubber is a non-porous material and thus, rubber flooring is highly resilient to liquid spills. Since bathrooms are areas that are more prone to water splashes from sinks, overflowing toilets, and steam showers, water will wreak havoc if the right flooring is not installed. Rubber flooring is the best waterproof bathroomflooring that can help you avoid such mishaps.
- Non-Slip: Perhaps you must be aware that bathrooms require the best gripping floor among all other rooms in a home. That’s mainly because bathrooms are injury-prone areas where you may usually fall over due to wet and slippery surfaces. So, if you want an attractive and anti-slip floor for your bathroom, rubber flooring should be your ideal choice!
- Highly Durable: Frequent repairs are not convenient and budget-friendly options for bathroom floors. Bathrooms are highly used rooms in a home and that’s why installing durable flooring in these spaces should be your top priority. Rubber floors are waterproof and stain-resistant flooring solutions. Once installed, they last for decades!
- Aesthetically Pleasing: With myriad bathroom flooring options available, it’s difficult to choose the right one. No matter how beneficial a floor happens to be, modern homeowners may not consider it for their home flooring due to a lack of aesthetics. But that’s not the case with rubber floors! Rubber floors not only inherit a vast array of positive features but also look aesthetically pleasing.
Now that you have read the entire blog, you know what is rubber bathroom flooring, its types, and the powerful advantages of installing it. The natural characteristics of rubber such as safety, durability, water resistance, easy maintenance, etc., make it the most ideal bathroom flooring option. However, just ensure to choose a rubber material that can best fit your bathroom requirements and decor.