Due to its high resilience and durability, rubber flooring has emerged to be a popular flooring choice. Available in multiple colors, patterns, textures, and designs, rubber flooring can be used in varied high-traffic areas and offers excellent comfort and practicality. Unlike most other flooring choices, rubber flooring rolls, tiles, and mats ensure sufficient protection to the concrete floors beneath while maintaining a soft and cushioning surface above. Rubber flooring might be the ideal choice if you are considering renovating floors in your residential and commercial properties. They not only have strong durability but also excellent traction that assures safe footing for all.
Types of rubber flooring
Interlocking tiles and mat rolls are the two popular types of rubber flooring widely used in commercial, residential, as well as sports settings. Although both rubber flooring rolls and tiles have the same characteristics, each serves a specific purpose and is preferred over the other in certain situations. As 3G & 4G grass are a staple for outdoor sports settings, rubber flooring is the best choice for indoor areas that experience heavy foot traffic and impact such as gyms, play areas, patios, gardens, etc. While there’s no denying the fact that rubber flooring is the ideal pick for most indoor and outdoor spaces, choosing the right type of floor is essential. The following discussed are the key features of rubber flooring tiles and rolls you should know before making a purchase.
- Rubber tiles
Besides high resilience and durability, rubber tiles are easy to install and assure good grip & shock absorption. Available in puzzle-like pieces, they can be installed in any space and look great with excellent performance. Generally, rubber tiles come in squares; however, their shapes and sizes can be easily customized to fit a specific area. The seams are perfectly glued and installed to make the floors appear sleek and cohesive; thus, preventing any chances of tripping due to sharp edges.
Rubber flooring tiles act as a high-performing and safe floor surface in hard-wearing environments. Made from varied materials such as virgin rubber, synthetic rubber, and recycled rubber, rubber flooring tiles can be of different thicknesses and densities. Since these rubber tiles have interlocking patterns, they can be easily installed and replaced as per required. Some other key benefits of rubber tiles include quality appearance, reusability, eco-friendly, etc.
- Rubber rolls
Extremely durable and economical, rubber flooring rolls are a perfect pick for gyms and similar high-traffic areas that are prone to experiencing heavy impacts. These rolls come in different-sized sheets that offer a seamless elegant appearance when installed properly. These sheets are available in multiple thicknesses that are suitable for a wide range of activities, including bodyweight exercises to high-intensity workouts.
Rubber flooring rolls are best suggested for workout rooms or similar sports areas that assure a cushioning surface to absorb shocks and traction of any kind. As compared to rubber tiles, mat rolls are denser and make for an extremely grippy surface for improved functionality. Ultra-durability and improved moisture resistance are some other key characteristics that make rubber rolls a viable flooring option.
Benefits of rubber flooring
- Anti-slip: Rubber flooring is well-known for its high anti-slip properties that eliminate the risks of slips and falls in high-traffic areas. Spaces like play areas, bathrooms, patios, etc. that experience heavy footfall and impact require a more rigid surface that prevents accidents and injuries due to falling. It is a safety feature that does not fade over with time.
- Comfortability: The soft and cushioning surface of rubber flooring rolls and tiles offer great comfort and absorbs heavy shocks that can result in severe accidents. Although rubber floors are highly slip-resistant, tripping over the surface is normal, especially in play areas. With rubber flooring in place, injuries incurred due to the fall or disbalances are minimized significantly.
- Economical: Another key benefit of rubber flooring is its high cost-effectiveness which makes them a popular flooring choice. Owing to their high durability, rubber floors last longer than most other flooring materials in high-traffic zones. Rubber flooring offers excellent performance regardless of how hard or frequently they are used. The surface’s color, texture, and rigidness remain intact even after being in constant use.
- Low maintenance: Upkeep and maintenance of rubber flooring rolls and tiles are minimal and require very low costs. Since they are durable in nature, there’s no need for frequent repairs and replacements. Regular cleaning using water and liquids is sufficient to keep the floors in good condition.
- Varied options: Apart from the practical and economic benefits, rubber flooring can be used to uplift the aesthetic appeal of a space significantly. Available in a wide range of colors, textures, and designs, rubber flooring can be used as an integral part of interior decor while ensuring high safety and utility.
Rubber flooring is one of the most versatile and economical flooring options available on the market. While it is a multi-faceted flooring material, rubber flooring is ideal for gyms, play areas, and other sports facilities that involve heavy activities and high traffic. If you are looking for a safe, durable, and cost-effective floor choice for any space, considering rubber flooring is always a good option. Note that apart from rubber flooring, 4G grass flooring has also emerged as a viable floor choice for outdoor sports areas. One can explore the options available in this category as well.